Peter Kelly-Detwiler, co-founder of NorthBridge Energy Partners has more than 25 years experience in the energy industry. Peter’s career has focused on the development of retail competitive markets, as well as new trends, technologies, regulatory and market developments, and sustainable solutions that create value in the energy space.
- Peter plays a key role in evaluating opportunities and technologies in constantly emerging power markets. As an industry expert in demand response, he understands the highly complex interaction between energy-consuming and storage assets and power markets.
- He is also an active contributor at Forbes.com, covering a broad variety of topics, including the economics of natural gas supply and electricity generation, evolving supply and demand technologies, the evolution of renewables and general trends affecting the energy industry today.
- Peter previously served as Senior Vice President of Energy Technology Services at Constellation NewEnergy. where he established the Demand Response group and oversaw its growth to 1700 MW of dispatchable load. He led the team in developing and patenting VirtuWatt, the industry-leading real-time energy use and automated load control platform.
- His earlier career involved various aspects of retail power markets, and he served as both Director of Customer Service, East Coast (AES NewEnergy), and Sr. Director of Operations, New England at (Constellation NewEnergy), a leading competitive retail energy supplier. Peter was also an Adjunct Faculty member in the two-year applied MBA program at Carey School of Business, Johns Hopkins University.
- Peter attended Williams College from 1979–1983 and the Tufts University’s Fletcher School from 1986–1988. He frequently keynotes, moderates panels, and runs workshops at conferences, including highly touted seminars on energy markets and technologies at the annual ESNA and VERGE conferences.
- He is currently working on a book concerning innovation and disruption in the electric power industry.
» Read about NEP co-founder Leighton Wolffe
» Get downloadable bio & headshot on Media page