Leighton J. Wolffe, co-founder of NorthBridge Energy Partners, has more than 25 years experience in the facilities and energy technology industries. Leighton’s career began in complex medical research, acute health care and university environments in roles responsible for operations, utilities, engineering, and new construction. His interest in energy technologies led to positions working with energy companies, manufacturers and systems integration firms designing and developing innovative hardware and software applications.
- Leighton’s experience across multiple industries and customer segments enables him to play an integral role in the design, development and implementation of successful energy technology initiatives and projects. Leighton provides expertise and domain knowledge to help clients navigate their way through the highly dynamic intersection of energy markets, emerging technologies and the industry players.
- He is professionally active on a national level with energy companies, building system manufacturers, software developers, systems integrators, facility professionals, and government agencies and serves in key roles as owner’s advisor, technical consultant and project facilitator providing knowledge of energy market and technology trends to help clients create and apply sustainable solutions.
- In a previous position as VP Strategy for Constellation Energy, Leighton founded the NewEnergy Alliance and formed commercial relationships with building automation and energy management companies and systems integrators to develop applications around Constellation’s VirtuWatt Platform, which connected buildings directly to energy markets and Constellation’s trading desk. Leighton is co-developer and patent holder for this ground-breaking platform.
- Leighton attended Cambridge College and New England College in the UK, with a focus on business and history.
- He frequently presents at industry events and writes articles on industry and technology trends. He also has developed innovative methodologies to apply energy analytics.
» Read about NEP co-founder Peter Kelly-Detwiler
» Get downloadable bio & headshot on Media page