The energy revolution continues, and is gaining speed as it converges with “Big Data” and more – despite geopolitical volatility. How do we make sense of it? How do we choose today’s investments that will affect tomorrow? By looking at the trend lines and intersections we might miss.
The best person to give us those trends and insights is today’s guest on Green Connections Radio: Peter Kelly-Detwiler, Forbes energy contributor, principal of Northbridge Energy Partners and former SVP of Constellation Energy. He’s a master of the topic, articulate, witty and simplifies the complexities for those of us who are not experts, yet experts seek his advice too and have him speak at industry conferences. He’s writing a book on this stuff too, for multiple audiences.
You’ll likely be surprised by some of his thoughts. Listen to GCR host Joan Michelson and Peter Kelly-Detwiler discuss:
- Is the energy industry today in revolt or retrenchment?
- How “Big Data” is transforming how we fuel our lives, and giving us better energy more efficiently.
- Energy-electricity stories of 2016-2017.
- The linchpin in the energy-electricity management picture: Storage.
- The “wild card”: the new U.S. administration – and its potential impact, but who knows!
- How you should manage your own energy needs, whether you’re running a Fortune 500 company, a smaller business, a non-profit, government agency or a household.
- Getting a job in this new energy landscape.
He also recommends the book, The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies, by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee
You’ll definitely want to take notes!